Corporate Social Responsability
The Societe Generale Group develops its business in a spirit of respect for fundamental human and workers' rights and respect for the environment wherever it operates.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) policy involves implementing our commitments, and outlines the following strategic priorities:
- Develop responsible finance, notably through enforcement of the Environmental and Social General Guidelines in all business activities;
- Roll out a responsible and solidarity based banking offer;
- Be a responsible employer;
- Set an example in managing its environment impact and purchasing policy;
- Reinforce its role as a responsible actor at the heart of today’s society.
As an extension of Group-wide initiatives, Societe Generale Bank & Trust formalised its commitment to innovation and sustainable development in 2006.
Like the Group, Societe Generale Bank & Trust has committed to reduce its CO2 emissions and participates in the Group's carbon offsetting programme. We are carbon neutral for transport and our paper and energy consumption.
Our employees take part in the Citizen Commitment Week, which places the spotlight on our corporate responsibility through a range of events in support of charities.
For more details on our corporate social responsibility, please visit our CSR website.